LED Tube Lights Vs. LED Panel Lights: Which Is Better for Commercial Use: User Insights
For office or working environment LED lights to have the first choice for a long time. Most offices have replaced old fluorescent lights with LED Tubes or LED Panels for better illumination condition and cost effectiveness. But still some offices need to upgrade and they are looking for the best solution you can choose the best from the best and this is why today’s’ article is all about the difference between LED Tubes & LED Panels.
LED Tube Lights
You can select LED Tubes from lots of LED products designed to replace your old T8 lights. LED Tubes are lighter than other bulbs which make it easy to set up. They are less costly and less power ingesting than other lights. LED tube lights decrease the dangerous effect on the environment as they consist of non-toxic gases. These lights offer crystal clear, smooth and stable light. LED tubes of 15W to replace 32W T8, T10 or T12 lamps making the LED 50% more efficient. These tubes have a longer time span of 50,000 hours which is 55 times extended than other lights. LED tubes use drivers that power the LEDs. Some drivers are incorporated in the LED tubes and some decide to use an external driver outside the lights which totally depends on the manufacturers. There are some subtle differences between these designs. More people are asking for LED tubes that can be easily installed as a plug and play version into existing fixture without removing the existing ballasts. Though the installation cost is high, still it’s an investment for the long run.
1. LED tube lights can reduce electricity consumption up to 50%
2. LED tubes are recyclable after their life span.
3. The service of LED tube depends on some components like mechanical design, quality of LED, heat management etc.
4. Illumination of Led tubes are better buy some of these tubes are unlikely to be suitable for use in luminaries which are used in emergencies.
5. For many areas like offices, corridors and car parks vertical illumination is important to see someone’s face and read a notice board.
LED Panel Lights
But these days LED surface mounted device panels are now turning into more popular in the modern community for lighting up buildings like offices. They also save energy by improving energy efficiency. LED panels can generate light of full spectrum. Typical sizes for conventional fluorescent light containing troffer fixtures are 2ft*2ft or 2ft*4ft. These correlate with common recessed ceiling panel sizes. We can easily replace LED troffers with fluorescent tube light troffers. We can do this by installing LED strips directly into the aluminium troffer. Manufacturers can create a numerous configuration of power and brightness by changing the number of density of LED stripes. LED troffer can replace a fluorescent fixture consuming two times more energy if it’s well designed. We can give an example of a ballast draw included 3* T8 fluorescent lights that consume 108 watts. A 40w LED troffer can replace the same fixture and it won’t be unreasonable to achieve 40% savings on your utility bill.
1. Panel lights are designed to be flexible. Designers design a variety of different shapes & different particles of the light source according to the customer requirement.
2. The illumination of LED panel light is higher and glow is even.